Friday, June 01, 2007

Moodboard

We're mid-way through the preparations and we're getting down to the nitty-gritty details. I was starting to get a bit overwhelmed with all the ideas so I finally got around to creating this moodboard.:)

Our wedding has a Grecian theme, and it has been a bit difficult to tie this theme into ALL the details. So I decided that I don't have to keep everything in line with the theme - just the major stuff like the food, decor and dresses.

I chose a caterer that had some Mediterranean dishes (but nothing too exotic).
I have yet to discuss the decor with her, but I want to use pillars and urns for the centerpieces, much like the ones shown in the moodboard.

The entourage dresses are Grecian-inspired because of the ruching details, but I had them "modernized" by choosing a bubble hem.

The gown I had designed does not have the ruching details or draping that is common with goddess gowns. Instead, I wanted the embroidery details to reflect the Greek theme - much like the designs of Reem Acra.

For the hair, I think the soft updo of Jessica Alba would tie in quite nicely with everything. She looks simply stunning!

No comments: