Monday, December 03, 2007

Pre-Wedding Happenings

The weeks leading to the big day were extremely busy! From the distribution of the invitations to attending different parties (I had 4 bridal showers) and fixing all the details. Things were so hectic that both Danz and I got sick a week before the wedding!

November 9
Our anniversary! This year, we celebrated by having dinner at Tony Roma's. Danz then told me that we were going to Manila Pen for some much needed rest. But little did I know that my sister (the Maid of Honor) had planned a surprise Bridal Shower for me, so it was another late night for me.

November 13
My gown was ready for pick up, so Danz drove me to the shop of Veluz. However, when she and Niko saw me, they commented that I seemed to have gained weight and insisted that I try on the gown again. It's a good thing that they were satisfied with how it fit, otherwise we would have all probably panicked by then.

In the afternoon we met with our coordinator and the band to finalize some details.

November 14
We went to Sta. Clara to offer eggs for good weather (this really works!)

November 15
We headed to Tagaytay to submit our church requirements. It was raining so hard so we decided to get tents for our reception. Luckily, our coordinator was able to find a supplier for us at the last minute.

Here are some of the photos we took during our trip. It was so foggy (and super cold!), it felt like we were in Baguio.








We didn't stay too long in Tagaytay because we still had so many things to do - printing of the guest cards and place cards, finalizing the seating and packing all our stuff. We went to sleep at around 2am, with tons of stuff left unfinished.

November 16
We woke up early to look for a church where we could have confession. Our first stop was Don Bosco Makati, but we just missed the morning mass. The next confession was scheduled during the 12:15pm mass. So we headed home and I made deposits for the payment of our cake and videographer. We had planned to leave at 10:30am to make sure we would make it to the mass on time, but my manicure and pedicure took so long, and we ended up leaving the house close to 12:30pm already. We raced to the church, and we were lucky to make it there just in time.

Our next stop was Glorietta to pick up Danz's sister and to email the seating to our coordinator. By 2:30pm, we were finally able to leave and go to pick up the cupcakes I had ordered. At 3:30pm, we were off to Tagaytay!

We arrived at Canyon Woods at around 6pm. My brother, his girlfriend, sister-in-law and nieces arrived shortly after. We all had dinner at the house where Danz and his family were staying, then later went to our house to start unpacking all our stuff.

When everything had settled down, I proceeded to work on rounding the edges of our guest cards and putting together the place cards. My sister and her boyfriend arrived around 10pm and they all helped me assemble everything. By 12am, I was finally satisfied with everything and was exhausted! We all got ready to go to bed, though it took a while for me to finally relax and fall asleep.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi celina! congrats and best wishes to you and danz!! i am so looking forward to your pics and kuentos :D i wish you and danz all the best that married life has to offer :D

Anonymous said...

neva, thanks so much! we're still not finished checking out all the pictures. utang muna yung mga kuwento :)