Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Venue-hunting in Tagaytay (Part 2)

I visited Tagaytay again last weekend in the hopes of finally finding the venue of my dreams. This time, my Dad and sister came along to help me.

We first stopped by Nurture Spa so that they could see the place, and also so that I could ask Robin my questions. This time, I also checked out their rooms and restrooms (it’s a must for me that the venue has clean restrooms).

From there, we made our way to Villa de Oro, which was just a short distance away. There was a wedding to take place that day so everything was set up when we got there. I liked the garden near the church, as well as their function halls, but was disappointed when I found out that if I wanted an outdoor reception, the tables would be setup on the driveway. This means that my guests would be too spread out, which is one thing I don’t want to happen.

We had lunch at one of my favorite restaurants in Tagaytay…Sanctuario. I love their spreads and freshly-baked breads!

Right after lunch we proceeded to Chateau Royale, at the request of my Dad. I liked their ballroom, but it was too big for the number of guests I was having. Besides, I really want to have a garden reception. We also passed by Chapel on the Hill, just so my sister could see it. There was also a wedding to take place, so it was all set up as well. Too bad we didn’t get to take pictures because there were a lot of guests already there.

After that, we had no idea where else to go, so my Dad suggested Antonio’s. The place was pretty nice (my Dad thought it was the best place we had seen), so we inquired about it. Unfortunately, we were told that they do not accept reservations for weekends (but it was way out of our budget anyway).

Just for the heck of it, I also passed by Josephine’s Parasol Garden, because I had heard so much about it. The place was okay…I suppose I was just expecting something more because of everything I had heard. Anyway, there were two other inquiries for November 17, so it was definitely off my list.

I had run out of places to visit by this point, so we decided to head home. And so, I still don’t have a venue up to now!

No comments: