Thursday, July 19, 2007

Cake Tasting!

I had my very first cake-tasting this evening with Gervy (of Gervy's Amazing Cakes). It was really enjoyable, not just because of her yummy cakes, but because of all her funny stories!

I didn't really plan on staying for long since I wasn't familiar with the area (her house is in QC), but I still ended up staying at her house for over an hour! On a side note, I just need to ask why are all the suppliers I want from QC? Fotogra, Kaye Cunanan, Playback...Good thing Veluz is near my place!

She gave me six different cakes - white chocolate, mocha, lemon, dark chocolate, marble and apple walnut (I think). She also has carrot cake, but it wasn't available earlier...But that was ok, since I don't like carrot cake anyway. Then she gave me three different fillings - vanilla (I think), mocha (kahlua) and chocolate. She also gave me a bit of white chocolate to taste with the cakes, because the cake I like would be covered in white chocolate bricks, like this:

So while tasting the different cakes and matching them with the different fillings, Gervy explained to me how she makes her cakes and told me all sorts of stories.

She told me that I can have different cakes and fillings for each layer! Which was just perfect because I just couldn't decide which flavors I wanted. For now, I'm thinking of keeping it simple and just having matching flavors and fillings - Mocha with the Kahlua filling, Chocolate with Chocolate and Lemon and Vanilla (okay, maybe this doesn't match exactly, but I just needed a layer that was not chocolate-y).

I wasn't able to finish all the cakes she served me (partly because I had a tummy ache from the Mocha Frap I had earlier), so she let me take them home. Yumyum! I know what I'll be having for dessert tomorrow.

Maybe I should schedule other cake tastings, just so that I can eat cake. Haha! I just need to be careful so that I would still fit into my gown.:)

No comments: