Saturday, August 18, 2007

Too Worried to Plan

Danz has been telling me all week that they are preparing for a hurricane to hit the Cayman Islands in the next few days. At first, I wasn't worried because his tone was so casual, like it's something that happens every day. He was even asking me why I'm not worried or concerned about him. That was BEFORE I read the news on the internet.

It struck me today just how devastating this hurricane can be. As I type, I imagine the hurricane growing stronger (it's a Category 4 hurricane, but they are predicting it will become a Category 5 when it hits Jamaica). They are prepared for the worst but hoping for the best.

There are so many "what if's" crossing my mind to focus on the planning. I know that Danz has thought everything through and that he has contingency plans in place to make sure that he will be safe and to minimize the damages to his belongings. He has warned me not to worry in case I don't hear from him for the next few days, as there's a huge possibility that communications will be down for a while. But seriously, how can one not worry?

Though I know in my heart that Danz will be okay, please join me in praying for his safety and the safety of all those that will be hit by Hurricane Dean.

No comments: