Monday, August 06, 2007

Not Meant to Be

Last week, I had a dilemma on whether I should book the makeup artist I had a trial with the other weekend. After discussing things thoroughly with Veluz last Friday (I went there to check out the sample embroidery for my gown - which was very nice!), I finally decided to book the makeup artist. So I texted him today (Monday), and lo and behold, he told me that someone booked him last Friday.

I was extremely annoyed with this news because he had never once mentioned that someone was inquiring for the same day. I can't blame him though, because I understand that he can't actually keep track of all of the inquiries and he had no idea whether or not I was going to book him anyway. I just felt a bit cheated about everything - I mean, I had spent so much time researching and then following him up and then going through the whole trial thing (thats 2k down the drain). I mean, if I had been a bit more aware of everything, I would have written a check then and there.

But as they say, hindsight is 20/20, and there's nothing I can do to change what has happened - there are a lot of could have's and would have's. All I can do now is just let it go and believe that he was just not meant to be my makeup artist. Sure, I am still a bit mad, but the sooner I get over it, the sooner I can find someone better to make me look beautiful on my wedding day. Everything happens for a reason, so surely there's a reason this happened to me.

The only thing I have left to say is, best of luck to you Robbie!

No comments: